Progress of soon to be thinner me....

02 February 2010

Day 33 Purging!

Alrighty. I am writing this on my iPod Touch because my &!/x@(- computer has bit the dust. I'm thinking this time it's for good because I have spent far too much money on repairs already and with the price of a new PC being what it is I am convinced it's not worth my while fixing it. Unfortunately I don't have the cash to buy a new one right now... But thank gawd my daughter pawned her iPod off on me!

So today I seem to have lots of time on my hands because I haven't spent countless hours reading blogs, looking up recipes or any of those web addictions I am afflicted with. (Don't get me wrong I love your blogs!). Instead I am going through my pantry and refridgerator, tossing things I shouldn't have in the house (suprisingly few) and things that have been around FAR too long (I can honestly say there are a few unidentifable item!) It feels good to do it. It feels "healthy". You read about it but until you do it yourself you don't appreciate how satisfying it can be. One of the things I have learned about myself is that I like order. Not only do I like it but it's something that I really do need for my well being. EVERYTHING works better when I am organized. That includes eating right and working out. My head feels clearer and I am definitely more focused.

I'm going to sort through the food items I have on hand and start using things up so that my grocery inventory isn't so big. Buy only what I need. Make grocery lists and stick to them. Prepare meals in advance when I can (black bean burgers and Italian spaghetti and meatballs today). The worst thing I find when I am watching what I eat and trying to lose weight is when I have nothing in the house and so instead I'll eat anything and usually everything... Never quite finding what I want. I probably don't need to say more about that. Somehow I doubt I am alone.

My index finger is getting tired!

Here's to "renewal".

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! I can't imagine blogging on an iTouch. It takes me forever just to jot down notes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...so much easier to be have an organized mind and body when your surroundings are organized.

    ReplyDelete