Progress of soon to be thinner me....

31 January 2010

Day 31 Renewed Motivation

I'd be lying if I said this past month wasn't quite what I expected. In my head I was going to lose pounds...lots of them...mega even. Of course that's hard to do when you've cut your calories down to a two pound a week average loss. I should be happy with 4.5, after all, it's headed in the right direction.

Yesterday was a disastrous day. I suppose I was feeling a little sorry for myself. So instead of eating well...instead of counting calories...instead of working out...I ate bread....bread, bread and more bread. Rosemary Sourdough, that I bought home from work...dipping it into balsamic vinegar...and if that wasn't enough, I had potato, cheese and onion perogies for dinner....with fried onions...WITH sour cream. The only good thing I can say is that instead of something sweet...that sweet that I was craving...I ate handfuls of almonds. Probably far more than I should have had, but at least I didn't eat anything sweet. I'd like to believe it was because I had some will power left in me but honestly it was because I didn't have anything that tempting in the house. Wasn't that clever of me!

This morning I woke up with every good intention of eating well...walking...and until now...until only fifteen or so minutes ago, I've only managed a bowl of Bran cereal and an orange. I've avoided the walking....but...I've been reading some of your blogs (thanks Ms. PJ Geek), and because of you, I'm feeling motivated. If YOU can do it...so can I. I'm striking yesterday from my mind...today's a new day....

Off to walk....

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! We all have those days (I had a few last week...which is why I had a zero gain/loss this week)...but like you, I know what I have to do and I know that if I do it....Ill see results. Its a slow process, but I think of it this way...unlike those who take it off quickly (and the wrong way) and then GAIN it all back plus some.......we are learning a new way of life that once our goal is reached, will keep us there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is one hope that lots of us have... that others will read and see that if we can do it, so can they! So good for you, you didn't just lay down and accept defeat. You DID something to help yourself get motivated.
    Don't let anything or anyone take this from you.. and sometimes that includes ourself, LOL!
    Never quit, always keep going, and you WILL get there. It's a learning process, and you ARE learning. :-)
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and I was feeling so inspired by you that I did my work out yesterday and have made my menu for the week...I'm doing a pre-Olympic blitz! Just go for it girl! I say when you feel really inspired be more aggressive...save the "easier" weeks for when you need them. Just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! and if you have a bad day again..press the 'start over' button immediately. We don't have to be perfect.

    ReplyDelete