Progress of soon to be thinner me....

15 January 2010

Day 15...Weigh Day tomorrow...What if?

First of all I wanted to tell you all that did chose to do my 30 minutes of walking last night!! "Pats myself on the back!" I just knew that being those few calories over my daily limit would throw me off kilter...sort of put me in some funk that would throw me into some cheating frenzy. I'm so proud of myself for doing it! Firstly because it was late..10:45 or something crazy when I made the decision and secondly because it would have been so much easier to just say "oh the heck with it" and hit the hit. So yes...I walked and because of that my day was just under the 13 something or other thousand cals I'm allowed.

You learn a few things doing this. I can see now that I CAN have a piece of pie or cake or whatever calorie ridden thing I feel I just can't resist...but in order to do that I also need to burn off those calories. Thirty minutes of walking flies by...and I checked out snowshoeing and it burns 400+ calories in 30 minutes! Perhaps I'm going to have to trek with Mr. Soontobeskinnygirl this weekend.

Weigh Day tomorrow....am I nervous? I am. I know I'm down...in fact this morning as I'm dressing for work, I noticed my clothes hang better...just feel better. But still...what if? What if I don't lose...enough? I can't believe I just typed that! Are there too few pounds I'd want to lose in a week? Can I be happy with the two pounds a week I've set my goal at? Isn't a loss better than no loss at all? I'm well aware that the first week is often a big loss...water mostly. So will I be disappointed if I don't have one?

Time will tell...
Verdict tomorrow.....

2 comments:

  1. You may come to find what I did: that a piece of cake simply isn't worth 45 minutes on an elliptical or bike.

    Lotsa luck on the WI...

    ReplyDelete