Progress of soon to be thinner me....

14 January 2010

Day 14 Too Hungry To Cook...

I hate arriving home from work in the dark. I especially hate coming home and having to make dinner. Tonight for example, I had to stop at the grocery store to pick up a few things. I should also mention I have a thirty minute drive home, so suffice it to say that leaving work at 6..groceries...and then the long drive (did I mention it was in the dark?) leaves me ummmm...well, ravenous! So much for my Broccoli Raab (with the white beans, grape tomatoes and Parmesan cheese). That dinner will have to wait until tomorrow night...or perhaps Saturday. The recipe states that it takes less then 30 minutes to prepare...but...30 minutes is a very long time when you're starving to death, counting calories and trying very very hard to be a good girl when it comes to eating. Luckily I was thinking! I knew I'd be starving by the time I got home, so I picked up a roasted chicken at the store and a huge container of mixed greens. So salad and chicken and....yes, I have to confess I had a black olive, Parmesan cheese bread stick. Damned things! We make and sell them where I work, and we had a few packages leftover and so I was "talked" into taking them home. But I did stop at one, so that's good...and of course I counted it on my daily calories consumed chart. I also brought home 3 Caramel Apple Brioches that were "testers" and let me tell you, I tried one prior to following this calorie count thing (well a bite, not an entire one) and it's so incredibly delicious. But I knew bringing them home was going to be a bad idea unless I could get rid of them and so I gave them to my hubby to take to a friend's for coffee!! Smart move, more so because he didn't bring home the one that wasn't eaten. I feel very good about that! In fact, I am a little over my calorie count today..not a lot, but a bit...which is sort of bothering me and of course I could do my 30 minute workout to eat those few calories up...which I might do...or I could just be okay with it because so far I have 450 calories banked for the week.

I'll send this and think it over (I'm thinking the exercise is going to win out if I want to keep this perfect week going!)

No comments:

Post a Comment