Progress of soon to be thinner me....

13 January 2010

Day 13 Headachey :-(

I stayed home from work today because I was up most of the night with a splitting headache. The kind where your head won't stop pounding no matter how many pills you swallow and you feel sick to the stomach. The kind where you just want to lie in bed, in the dark, in a very quiet room. I'm still feeling a little heavy headed tonight, though much better, thanks. My sister has diagnosed me with caffeine withdrawal and I'm going to have to agree with her. I haven't had a coffee since...last Friday I think. I know in the end I'll feel better for it and all in all it's a healthy choice. Green tea for me today and lots and lots of water.

The good news is I had another perfect day eating wise! Woohoo!! No cravings whatsoever and just all around good eating. I didn't make my planned Broccoli Raab with the white beans, grape tomatoes and parmesan cheese for dinner. (Remember I'm basically a vegetarian) I whipped up an egg white omelet instead and packed it with onions, red peppers, mushrooms, spinach and even a little grated potato. I was careful about the cheese..1 ounce...no more and truthfully, I probably didn't need it 'cos the omelet itself was just so yummy. Obviously more veggie than omelet so good.

Tomorrow night it's the Broccoli Raab, with a little rice. (It's a new recipe and though I've never tried the Broccoli Raab, I've heard it's tasty and well..green...and everything green seems to be very good for us!)

Planning ahead really does help to keep me on track. I find when I fall is when I don't have a clue what to make for dinner...or worse yet, I have nothing at all to eat in the house and so I'll eat bread...and bread and more bread yet...or perhaps I'll have a bowl of cereal or two (god, I do love cold cereal!). So I've made a small grocery list of a few things I need to pick up on my way home tomorrow night. It means I'm going to be shopping for food less than a week after my major grocery shopping. I'm not saying it's a bad thing...just something I don't usually do, but perhaps it's a better way to plan...I'm thinking...definitely!

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment