Progress of soon to be thinner me....

18 January 2010

Day 18 Testing Myself

Last night I ate a carb laden dinner. It was delicious!...Homespun Pot Pie (from one of my Moosewood cookbooks)...filled with sweet potatoes, white potatoes, carrots, onions, mushrooms, peas and corn...and this lovely sauce made from cornstarch and a little soy sauce. If the veggies alone weren't enough, it was topped with a wonderful biscuit "crust"....the biscuits speckled with dill. Yummy! It wasn't exactly low cal. A whopping 471 calories, which doesn't really matter so much if you can afford to add that many to your daily log and which...luckily enough I could. In fact, I had so many calories left after my breakfast/lunch (I ate late) and single snack that I could afford to eat my pot pie and some extra fruit in the evening and still I had a surplus of calories at the end of the day.

So, the problem with this dinner...and all those heavy carbs is that it made me want to eat more! I've been questioning the whole "carbs and me" issue for a long while and now I see that I was right. Avoiding an excess really is most beneficial to me. The good news is that I didn't cave in to my craving. Once I stopped and walked away that "urge" left me and though I was hungry...no make that...though I FELT hungry....last night while watching the Golden Globes (oh dear, Harrison Ford is looking so very old!), I wisely chose some fruit.

On an even more positive note I have to say I'm feeling very good! I notice my skin is much smoother (possibly from all the water I'm drinking) and I feel as though I'm walking taller...straighter...and I know it's only been 3 pounds but I swear that little dent at my waistline is more pronounced!

With that...I'm off to exercise!
Happy Monday everyone!

PS I see I've managed to add myself to my own followers list...how that happened, I haven't a clue!

2 comments:

  1. Ive noticed too that if I eat Carbs (especially those starchy ones) that I am hungry again very soon or even immediately. Fruit was a great choice (I like to munch on granny smith apples and almonds)....and you should be proud. 3 pounds is an amazing start......and your motivated so that 3 lbs is going to multiply!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that you are finding out what is right for YOU. We are all so different. I need to watch the carbs, too. But also needed to count the calories, which finally made it a winning combination for me. I don't count the carbs now, just the calories. After awhile you know what is lower carbs to choose from.

    In time, you will refine your plan, and get better and better at it. Just don't feel pressured to do it someone else's way. Do it the way that is right for YOU.
    You are off and running!
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete